This landuse update comes to you from Del Albright, Outdoor Recreation Advocate
January 2013 Highlighted Landuse Issues/Links from Team Albright
1. Johnson Valley, the Hammers – PLEASE sign the petition needing 1000 signatures a day, to request the White House to deny any request by the 29 Palms Marine Base to use land from Johnson Valley OHV area for base expansion. We love the Marines; but they don’t need our OHV area. Go here to sign: http://ultra4racing.com/featured/1000-signatures-a-day-needed-to-help-save-the-hammers/.
2. Oregon – comments needed on Oregon Dunes Designated Routes Project DEIS, right away. Best coastal dunes around are in jeopardy and need our help. Your letter can make a difference. BRC has a sample letter here: https://www.sharetrails.org/alerts/2013/01/15/oregon--comments-needed-on-oregon-dunes-10c-designated-routes-project-deis.
3. Wilderness Costs: The economic costs of Wilderness, from USA-All (Utah Shared Access Alliance) – what a negative impact on local communities and economies. http://www.environmentaltrends.org/single/article/the-economic-costs-of-wilderness.html.
4. Fishing: Recreational fishing a positive impact for local (and national) economies in this new report Sportfishing in America: An Economic Force for Conservation. http://muirnet.net/news-bytes/new-report-highlights-recreational-fishing-s-broad-economic-and-conservation-impact.
5. UFWDA: United Four Wheel Drive quarterly magazine, with tons of 4x4 access info, The Compass, is online here: http://www.u4wda.org/.
6. “Big Green Money:” see this note from BlueRibbon Coalition how the anti-OHV legal efforts have grant money available to them approaching 100 million bucks! See the net assets of some of the biggies in the anti-crowd, here: https://www.sharetrails.org/public-lands/anti-ohv-legal-efforts-money-talks.
More from Team Albright here at http://www.delalbright.com.
Thanks for your help,
Del & Stacie Albright
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, JeepWire, TrailTalk, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc. and MUIRNet Consulting. Copyright (c) 1999-2020 OutdoorWire, Inc and MUIRNet Consulting - All Rights Reserved, no part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without express written permission. You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material. All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.